About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
A 40 something dad of five and a half wonderful kids with amazingly different traits and temperament from whom he wants a break from at times, yet wish they never grow older.....and be with him always.....(howzat possible?)and now wishing that he can be a stay at home dad......

11 February, 2007

Spring Festival is here!

Look at this lovely decor at one of the malls in the Klang Valley, the Curve. I always lepak (hang out) at the Curve every Saturday whilst waiting for my daughter finish her French class..You will never fail to find me at Borders between 1.30 to 4 pm!

Cherry blossoms in Malaysia? This reminds me of one of my favourite spots at Nottingham University - the Cherry Tree Hill. It's so beautiful in Spring but it also meant that the exam was also quite near..sigh...! I'll try to post one of the pics which I have in one of my boxes one of these days.

The decor is for the coming festive season celebrated by the Chinese community - the New Year i.e. the first day of the first lunar month of the Chinese calendar which falls on the 18th of February this year (which is also known as the Spring Festival) and will end 15 days later (i.e Chap Goh Meh).

During this time of the year, Malaysians, like during the Eid, Deepavali and Christmas, take time off to visit friends relatives etc and eat a lot of mandarin oranges, which is the auspicious fruits during New Year! I cant wait to visit some of my chinese friends over the new year! One thing which I will miss now is the sound of firecrackers over the period of celebration as it has been banned here!

Really need a short break.....and looking forward for the festive season hols!

From another angle - a blend of the west and east!

9 comments:

Dijah said...

starbucks!!!
arrrgh~~starting to go crazy over starbucks-again

Anonymous said...

DadOf4 :

French classes at the Curve ? Why not at Alliance Francaise in Lorong Gurney ? Lebih dekat kan. My son took for one module aje - that was after he met a French boy on holiday who cannot speak English and was impressed with my college level French yang dah karat.

Hahaha...

Je parle Francaise, mais petit peut pas bien!

Dad of 4+1 said...

MA,

My daughter is at AF, Damansara Heights (not AF of the other kind ha ha). Started at Lorong Gurney but they don't have her classes Saturdays at LG. Now she's skipped a few levels and in an adult class - still kena pergi Damansara jugak.

TRM said...

So impressive Khadijah...well done with the poem but what does it mean s'il vous plait? My o'level french is utterly abissmal...could explain the D I got for it....hee hee.

Dad of 4+1 said...

TRM - Can refer to her blog for translation....

Dad of 4+1 said...

TRM - Can refer to her blog for translation....

Dijah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

oohhh now i know what you do aaaaa

Dad of 4+1 said...

Sprwoman - Ya lor......! Read books and mags; listen to music all for free!

on my mind certainly constantly

on my mind certainly constantly