About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
A 40 something dad of five and a half wonderful kids with amazingly different traits and temperament from whom he wants a break from at times, yet wish they never grow older.....and be with him always.....(howzat possible?)and now wishing that he can be a stay at home dad......

31 May, 2007

Overdue Piccies from Makkah

I have been procrastinating on this...and my three days' hiatus is due to work and family commitments which are unusually too big for my plate at the moment.

I know I owe the prawn briyani recipe (please be patient as I will get wifey to post on her blog or email me the recipe - when you read this dear wifey, as a gentle reminder, please post on your blog or email me the recipe..LOL; wonders of technology!!!!) and a meme to do (D I will do it this week!).

In the meantime, enjoy the piccies.

p/s BTW D-I-L was finally discharged yesterday evening! He's doing well and thanks for all your well wishes.



The house where the Prophet (pbuh) was born


One of my stops everyday on the way back from Masjidil Haram for kebabs, fresh fruit juices and sandwich

One of those days longing for ice cream - Movenpick ice cream whilst enjoying the view of Fatah Gate of Masjidil Haram

View of Fatah Gate from Movenpick ice cream stall. A triplet-tower-building under construction next to Makkah Hilton

A sign at Jabal Thaur where the cave which the Prophet (pbuh) hid when he fleed his home


Jabal Thaur

Jabal Rahmah - where Adam and Hawa were runited after 400 years

Fully adorned Jamal (camel in arabic) at the foot of Jabal Rahmah. I rode one in the year 2000

Ji'ranah Mosque - one of the meeqat place

An interesting sign at Ji'ranah Mosque

Where Gua Hira' situates - the first revelation

One of the biggest Camel farms outside Mekkah (near Houdaibiah). Milking the Camel!

Close up - smile!!!

The camels at the farm

More camels

Tasting and buying fresh camel milk - i bought three bottles; yummy! Tastes a bit like light cocunut milk but sweeter

One of the arches of the original Houdaibiah Mosque

What's left of Houdaibiah Mosque

Where artefacts from the two holy Mosques are displayed

A very old mobile staircase to the Ka'abah door made of teak

Kibash briyani cooked by wifey's cousin, Najwa, whose mom has been staying in Mekkah since the mom was 13. Their house is 10 minutes' drive from Masjidil Haram. Can't wait for them to visit us this July.

The "floating" mosque in Jeddah. The mosque which Malaysians will stopover before adjourning to the airport before departing for Malaysia

This machine gun greeted us at the airport entry.......

8 comments:

Xis said...

Haq
first of all.. glad that your D-I-L and nephew got discharged already... 2ndly, whoaaa... what a big camel... Did you drink its milk? That's something my friend could not take it when he was there. 3rdly, when seeing that Jabal Rahmah picture, this Qasidah Di Jabal Rahmah by Datuk Sharifah Aini started playing at the back of my mind. 4thly, it's lucky that you have relatives back in Mekah.. 5thly, okay.. me too.. waiting for that Prawn Briyani recipe.. or the meal itself, better still.. hehehe.. :)

Sue said...

Is that how camels are being milked...sori, 1st time nampak, jakun sikit hehe
If camel's milk taste like coconut milk and sweet, izzit better taste then goat's milk?

Dad of 4+1 said...

Xis - Yes I drank th milk...In fact last year my wife brought back for me and finished the lot - caution: it's very heaty so you take a quarter cup a day!

One of these days when wifey dah deliver....why not have a briyani dinner!

MC - I pun first time hari tu! I have not tried goat's milk so tak tahu...But it really tastes nice!

Xis said...

Haq
yeah... prawn briyani... *drooling* anyway.. camel milk is heaty?? Honestly, I tasted cow milk before, but it has to be boiled and put some clove to make it taste and smell good. But only once, I dare not try again..

bola2api said...

can bring camera ye?

I'm thinking of bringing my DSLR but don't know whether it's safe or not. Don't want to miss capturing the holy land but at the same time, don't want to miss out on doing ibadah.

how about camera phones?

Dad of 4+1 said...

B2A - I dont recommend DSLR...Camera phones - they were not very strict like the last time I went. Even last year my sis in law had to send the cam phone back to the hotel coz they checked all pilgrims. This year org selamba aje ambik gambar dalam masjid. But macam distraction aje org lain ambil gambar since they were posing dekat the ka'abah area.

D said...

wonderful, wonderful, wonderful... I know, my friends are also posting picts taken in masjidil haram. I'd say don't abuse it (no need to pose! Oh, how I wish I could go there now...

Harajuku PearL said...

Haq...these pics are fantastic..but yur experience we're sure they are priceless!

P&P

on my mind certainly constantly

on my mind certainly constantly